KYLE FALCONER – SINGLE REVIEW

Kyle Falconer – Poor Me 
Kyle Falconer - Poor Me

Release Date: Out Now

I have to admit that when I saw the frontman of the View was releasing a solo single I expected more of the same style but it turns out Kyle Falconer is much more than a one trick pony. ‘Poor Me’ opens with a luscious orchestral melody followed by rolling drums and those unmistakable vocals. This ambitious stuff with the kind of chorus that burrows in to your head with the lyric of “Poor me, poor me and pour me another drink” so easy to pick up and sing back. Somewhere, in a lab, Falconer has blended the outlandishness of My Life Story with the bombast of the Killers, aged it in whisky casks and then fed it all back through a stack of amps to create the kind of urgent indie-pop with added glamour that you just don’t expect to come out in these times of austerity. Bravo sir, genuinely impressive stuff.


Live Dates:

10th May – P.J. Molloys, Dunfermline
16th June – Think Tank, Newcastle
17th June – Kenwood House, London
30th June – Trnsmt, Glasgow
2nd August – Church, Dundee
3rd August – Tunnels, Aberdeen
4th August – Fifefest, Rosyth
18th August – The Warehouse, Falkirk
24th August – Ironworks, Inverness
25th August – Leisure Centre, Fraserburgh
6th September – The Underground, Stoke
7th September – EBGB’s, Liverpool
8th September – Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
13th September – Night & Day, Manchester
15th September – The Plug 2, Sheffield

Watch the Video: https://www.vevo.com/watch/kyle-falconer/poor-me-(official-video)/GBGLW1790041


Comments