ANGIE – SINGLE REVIEW

Angie – Dope (Universal) 

Angie - Dope

Release Date: Out Now

I don’t know about you but the forthcoming album from Swedish enfant terrible Angie is one of my most hotly anticipated releases of 2018 and new single ‘Dope’ is just an appetiser for that meaty main course. ‘Dope’ is both a tripped out, blissed out, mumbled love song and contains the kinds of stoner-logic PhD proposal that you might expect from Jay and Silent Bob. I’m talking low, distorted bass notes and lazy-ass beats drawing you in so up close and personal that you can feel Angie’s breath but then she hits you with “If I look dope when I make music maybe my music will sound like dope, if I’m also on dope when I’m make music maybe my music will sound like dope”. It’s next level crazy but then Angie is knocking on the door to same VIP lounge as Lady Gaga and Madonna at their peaks but with more drug references. Make a note in your diary, 6th April is when the album drops – it’s called ‘Suicidal Since 1995’. Genuinely.


Comments