REIN – SINGLE REVIEW

Rein – C.A.P.I.T.A.L.I.S.M. 
Rein - C.A.P.I.T.A.L.I.S.M.


Release Date: Out Now

I’ve spoken a lot in the past about the conveyor belt of talent coming out of Sweden at the moment but Stockholm’s Rein (aka Joanna Reinikainen) just hit the emergency stop button on that conveyor belt and set fire to the factory. Rein’s new single, ‘C.A.P.I.T.A.L.I.S.M.’ is a pain in the ass to type but it’s completely worth it when you get to the track but brace yourself for the smack around the face that comes in the first few seconds. Sure, the booming synth bass and rib cage shaking beat transports you to a grimy, underground club with sex happening in every dark corner and disorientation high on the agenda. But then the lyrics take this club to a political place, more specifically a really angry political place. When Rein sings “We are the slaves of money” she sounds like the bratty kid Roxette would never admit to duetting with the Prodigy but then there’s the pop sensibility of M.I.A., Madonna and Rihanna at their most provocative in here as well. At two and a half minutes this is sexy punk dance with a political message – I really don’t think I need to say any more.



Comments