FAST ROMANTICS – SINGLE REVIEW

Fast Romantics – Why We Fight (Light Organ/Postwar Records) 
Fast Romantics - Why We Fight


Release Date: 27th January 2017

Look at this bunch of smooth criminals. This looks like the cast photo for a new inner-city drama about six friends trying to make it against all the odds – kinda like friends but with more grit. Now, you know I’d never judge a book by its cover or a band by their press shot which is lucky because Canadian Sextet Fast Romantics just might have created the anthem for liberal rebellion against all the right wing hatred pervading our society right now. ‘Why We Fight’ (great title by the way) is the perfect blend of Arcade Fire at their most pissed off, Bruce Springsteen at his most accessible and the Killers at their stadium filling best. The beautifully placed lyrics of “Every morning when I wake up, I put another bullet in my coffee cup” and “Deep in the guts of me, I love you violently until the dawn’s early light” seem to capture something of the right here, right now and stir a little something in my soul that makes me want to rebel. I want to march, I want to shout, I want to let the people in power know that I’m not cool with what they’re doing and now I have a soundtrack. Thanks Fast Romantics, you’re alright by me.



Watch The Video: http://exclaim.ca/music/article/fast_romantics-why_we_fight_video

Comments