ROSIE CARNEY – SINGLE REVIEW

Rosie Carney – Better Man (X Novo) 
Rosie Carney - Better Man


Release Date: Out Now

Before I get on with this review, I just want to take issue with one thing. In her press release, it says that Rosie Carney has been compared to Adele and while that might peak the attention of the Heart FM slobbering masses that put me off immediately – I mean, Christ, who needs another Adele? But, being the unpaid professional I am, I carried on to listen anyway. Rosie Carney is nothing like Adele. Fact. Where Adele fits in alongside the likes of Cilla Black, Carney is for more aligned with the likes of PJ Harvey, Laura Marling, Bjork and Beth Orton – and she’s all the better for it. ‘Better Man’ is a delicate, soft and touching song that gently sways like the branches of a Weeping Willow in a soft early evening breeze. Carney’s voice, while ultimately soothing, is also incredibly disarming but at least she isn’t banging on about Adele’s ex, let’s leave that to Adele.


Comments