ATTICA RIOTS – SINGLE REVIEW

Attica Riots – Misery 
Attica Riots - Misery


Release Date: Out Now

So Canada have consistently impressed and surprised me over the years that I’ve been writing this blog, more so than any other country, so the pressure is on for Winnipeg trio Attica Riots and their debut single, ‘Misery’. Fortunately, the 80s influenced video and Muse meets Duran Duran vibe of the tune appeals to me in a whole host of ways. A poppy bassline, unashamedly poppy synths and the kind of confident frontman performance you’d expect from Brandon Flowers or Michael Hutchence on a really good day – what a combination!? This is high class pop music and the kind of effort that most bands only come out with after they’re fully established so these guys have got chops as well. “I see what I what I wanna see, oh sweet misery take what you what you want from me”, now that’s a pop chorus lyric and then some, eh?



Live Dates:

19th May – The Fillmore, Philadelphia

20th May – Music Hall of Williamsburg

Comments