A BILLION LIONS - SINGLE REVIEW

A Billion Lions - Doomsday Babies (End Of The Road Records) 
A Billion Lions - Doomsday Babies

Release Date: 13th July 2015

These Leeds/Bradford boys rocked up on my radar earlier this year with their single 'Torquay' which grabbed my attention, without asking I might add, but in my review I said I thought there was even more to come from the quartet. So, new single 'Doomsday Babies' is my first opportunity to see if that bit of amateur fortune telling was correct or just hokum. Things start promisingly enough with a tub thumping beat and strained, screeching guitars chiming out through the night sky. When the gang style vocals kick in you can't help but get swept away in the energy of the song and undeniable US influences that inspire audio images of Fall Out Boy or The Ataris in my mind's eye. Sadly, I don't think this is the step on from the first single that I had foretold but it's certainly not a step backwards. No, A Billion Lions are displaying consistency which is no bad thing but I still think there's a moment of brilliance to come from them somewhere down the line and I will keep a candle burning for that moment to arrive.


More information: https://www.facebook.com/billionlions 

Comments