ELASTIC SLEEP - SINGLE REVIEW

Elastic Sleep - Slip (FIFA Records/Big Tea Records) 
Elastic Sleep - Slip 

I love this track but it terrifies me at the same time so I am writing this review from behind the sofa and under a large blanket with a torch. Irish quintet Elastic Sleep have obviously feasted on a diet of Breeders, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine, Veruca Salt, Belly and suspense filled horror films which has created a unique sound that is perfectly depicted in new single 'Slip'. This is the kind of tune I would have woken up to having fallen asleep with John Peel whispering in my ears only to make me thoroughly freaked out. Haunting vocals, throbbing bass, ominously thudding drums and squalling guitars all mingle like a nightmarish lullaby before the occasional bursts of terror personified through sheer noise. This is the musical equivalent of the sweet little girl singing in the garden who, on closer inspection, has black eyes and blood spattered hands. Now bring me a sandwich and don't you dare turn the lights off!

More information: https://www.facebook.com/elasticsleepband?fref=ts


Watch The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfUqmyOZw5c 

Comments