COSMO SHELDRAKE - VIDEO REVIEW

Cosmo Sheldrake - The Moss (ParadYse/Transgressive Records) 
Cosmo Sheldrake - The Moss 

I don't normally cover the same song twice but I had to make an exception for Cosmo Sheldrake's single, 'The Moss'. Although I reviewed the song a couple of weeks ago - seriously awesome English, eccentro-pop in the vein of Lemon Jelly or Jim Noir - the video deserves a mention in its own right for two reasons. Firstly, because it was filmed at the Beaconsfield Model Village which is a place I hold dear from my childhood - technically, that's any model village, I just find the places magical for some reason. Secondly, because the image of a man making quirky, off-kilter electro noises atop an ironing board while he sits like Gulliver's geeky brother between miniature houses is frankly superb. There is also the joy of taking a driver's eye view of the railway line running through the village featuring giant children and the odd shrub. The combination of music and visual is a triumph and I urge you to take 3 minutes out of your life to give it a watch.

More information: http://www.cosmosheldrake.com/


Live Dates:


4th July - Blissfields, Winchester

Comments