HOOTON TENNIS CLUB - SINGLE REVIEW

Hooton Tennis Club - Kathleen Sat On The Arm Of Her Favourite Chair (The Label Recordings) 
Hooton Tennis Club - Kathleen Sat On The Arm Of Her Favourite Chair

Release Date: 7th April 2014

There was a big thing for irreverent, jangly indie bands in 90s and I never really got it at the time. But when I listen back to bands like Teenage Fanclub and Astrid it makes me happily nostalgic which is the same reaction I get from Hooton Tennis Club. Now this is odd because not only have I never heard of them before but I am pretty sure none of them were in bands in the 90s. Anyhoo, the unwieldy title of this debut single, 'Kathleen Sat On The Arm Of Her Favourite Chair', seemingly has nothing to do with the song but it's a fine song nonetheless. Jangly guitars, as I mentioned, fill the air like a warm summer breeze and the drums rattle away as thoughts of spending the day knocking around with your mates provide the lyrical content. Finishing up with the line "I hope we don't drown" is a little bit of a downer though. Or just a lack of ambition. Either way, lovely indie stuff.

More information: https://www.facebook.com/HootonTennisClub?fref=ts

Live Dates:

25th April - Leaf, Liverpool

1st May - Kazimier Garden, Liverpool 

Comments