N-I-A-V-E-S - SINGLE REVIEW

N-I-A-V-E-S - W.I.G.O. (When I Grow Old) (Conflict Of Interests/Lottarox Records) 
N-I-A-V-E-S - W.I.G.O (When I Grow Old)

Release Date: 24th March 2014

Jesus, what's with all the punctuation? That took me ages to type out. Bloody youngsters and their kooky ways of writing. Luckily for them, the Anglo-French London based trio make an intriguing racket on 'W.I.G.O.' with some satisfying bass squelches, rippling synths and driving drums. There are also some serious 80s breakdowns at random intervals throughout this song that make me feel as though Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd are about to appear and do a really bad dance routine in front of my disbelieving eyes. This tune also begs the question, is this the kind of music that we're going to be sitting around listening to in care homes in 2074 while we suck Pot Noodles through our dentures and ask the nurse for another cheeky Vimto? What a brave new world it will be...

More information: https://www.facebook.com/naives.london

Live Dates:

14th March - Apolo 2, Barcelona
21st March - Combo Club, Florence w/Public Service Broadcasting
22nd March - Covo Club, Bologna w/Public Service Broadcasting
28th March - Le International, Paris
29th March - Truskel, Paris

4th April - The Shaklewell Arms, London w/Reptile Youth

Comments