ECHOIC - SINGLE REVIEW

Echoic - The Way You Are Made 
Echoic - The Way You Are Made

Reading quartet Echoic are an indie combo who, on the evidence of this single, are keen to go down the heartfelt ballad route. 'The Way You Are Made' is full of soaring vocals and delicate pianos in the way U2, Mansun, Athlete or Snow Patrol are famed for. The trouble is, for me, there is something lacking in terms of either personality or passion. I can't quite put my finger on it and far be it from me to judge a band on just one song but if this was the Voice (and thank God it isn't) I don't think I'd be turning my chair around just yet.


Live Dates:

19th February - The Cellars at Eastney, Southsea w/Lets Be Frank + The Bleechers
22nd February - Queens Arms, Reading w/The 3.1419 Wonders + The Pink Diamond Revue + The Seasons in Shorthand
27th February - O2 Academy 2, Islington w/Dean James + High Tyde

29th March - Queens Arms, Reading

Comments